How can I protect myself from COVID-19?
Preventing spread is essential.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Practice 100% hand hygiene (20 seconds with soap and water or use of sanitizing gel)
- Cover coughs and sneezes (disposable tissues, use your elbow not your hands)
- Avoid handshakes, fist bumps or unnecessary casual physical greetings
- Increase the physical space between yourself and other individuals through social distancing (CDC recommends at least 6 feet)
- Stay home if you are sick and monitor your daily health.
Some individuals are at a higher risk of serious illness if exposed to COVID-19, including adults over 65 years of age, individuals with previous or current heart conditions, individuals with diabetes, and others with previous or current respiratory conditions. However, the CDC recommends that everyone follow the above guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus. For more information, use the links below: